International trainer developing into account director – January 2020
In the first year the role will focus primarily on becoming a content and training delivery expert – learning our IP in depth on matrix management, virtual teams, global leadership and agile and digital working. You should expect to be doing regular training delivery (50 days+) both virtually (via live virtual classroom / webinar) and face to face internationally.
You will have personal experience of working in or training/consulting with large complex organisations. You will need to be motivated and intellectually curious to seek real content expertise and have the written and verbal communication, energy and delivery skills to engage and inspire management audiences around the world.
Once you have built content expertise, you will support our sales operations with subject matter expertise and, probably in year 2, we will start introducing you to your own clients by working alongside experienced Key Account Directors on existing accounts and then working with New Business Development on new accounts of your own.
You will need to be motivated to sell and develop your own accounts. You will also manage associate trainers to support delivery of large programs.
As your own client base becomes more mature the role then has 3 main elements
- Personal delivery and management through associates of training programmes either face-to-face, blended or eLearning solutions to our clients.
- Continuing development of referrals, working with new business development and own account development to generate and fulfil new work and grow your accounts
- Contributing to the development of new intellectual property and training programmes in our niche.
We would expect you initially to spend part of your time in our office in Crowthorne in Berkshire UK (where our central functions – finance, logistics, operations, sales and elearning are located) or co-training with our experienced account directors.
Once trained, our people usually work from home. We will provide systems and other support to set this up. We deliver training at client’s locations internationally, so regular travel is a part of the job (though the majority of our programs are now delivered virtually).
People who have adapted well to this environment have tended to have been used to busy, fast paced environments where they are given autonomy to get on with things rather than expecting a lot of structure and supervision around them.
Global Integration are a global training organization whose mission is to inspire and enable people to succeed in increasingly connected, (matrix, virtual, agile/digital and global) organizations. We work with over 400 of the world’s leading companies with people based in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
We deliver our services through highly interactive face-to-face workshops, virtual classrooms and online learning. Our audiences are usually smart professional, managerial and senior level executives in major multinationals, you need to be credible with this kind of audience.
We are open to recruiting
- a line manager with good exposure to working in complex organizations and with the communication skills, desire and energy to develop content expertise, training and sales/account management skills
- a skilled trainer looking to develop their content expertise, sales and account development
- an experienced salesperson or account manager motivated to develop deep content expertise and training delivery skills
- Exposure to working in complex, preferably multinational companies as a manager or trainer
- Intellectual curiosity to develop and communicate strong content knowledge and expertise
- Strong platform and communication skills and the desire and ability to run interactive training workshops for professional, management and senior audiences
- Willingness to travel internationally
- The personal characteristics and calibre to be credible to managers and executives in the world’s leading organizations
- High energy and the experience of working at pace
- The ability to connect with people and ideas
- Fluency in English and the right to work in the UK
- Experience in selling or managing accounts in professional services or training organizations
- Exposure to agile working techniques / environment
- Bachelor’s degree level education or beyond
- Familiarity with using interactive web based tools such as Skype for business or WebEx
- Fluency in a second European language
- Right to work in EU
Please send your CV and any other details of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we will be kicking off recruitment formally in late January so you may not receive an immediate response if you apply before then.