Hybrid Teams training tailored to the needs of your specific organization and delivered face to face or virtually
We have specialized in new ways of working, including virtual and hybrid teams, for over 25 years.
Common challenges in leading and working in hybrid teams include
- Leading the conversation about implementing flexible work – what does it mean for us in practice
- Understanding and managing the advantages and disadvantages of the different modes of working
- Evolving the best hybrid pattern for your specific team tasks and personal preferences
- Understanding what work is best done where
- Learning how to run meetings where some people are present and others join virtually
- Improving our working from home productivity and sustainability
- Organizing our hybrid collaboration and communication – ensuring equality of contribution and access
- Overcoming differential treatment, “us and them”
- Managing proximity bias
- Outcome and fact based performance evaluation
- Creating opportunities for informal communication and learning
- Staying visible and networking
- Balancing control and trust.
- Relationship and culture-building
- Building collective celebration and recognition
- Being explicit about the norms of how we will work together
Hybrid teams include team members who are based part time of the time in the office, part from home and perhaps part from a third place such as a coworking space or coffee shop, or a mixture of all of these. Hybrid teams are not new, in many virtual teams there is a dominant location where several people are based, and other people are part of the team but rarely get face to face. However, COVID-19 has increased the number and complexity of these teams in the medium term and perhaps permanently.
In today’s hybrid teams we may have a variety of working modes – people working full time in the office, people who attend for part of the week, people who are permanently home based or working from other remote locations. Coordinating this activity and building effective teams where people have very different experiences of work is a new challenge for many managers and individuals.
Read our book Leading remote and virtual teams – Managing yourself and others in remote and hybrid teams or when working from home.
Hybrid teams training tailored to your specific needs
We develop and deliver fully bespoke face to face and virtual learning programs tailored to your specific leaders and team members who need to improve the way they work together in hybrid teams. Our extensive modular content in this area means we can tailor something quickly and inexpensively.
We have also packaged our most requested topic areas into ready to run 90-minute bite-sized modules available face to face, via webinar or online learning.
Click on the modules of our virtual teams learning path to see more on the content of each. Choose just the modules you need.
Some of our other modules, may also relevant to your hybrid teams if you are also operating in a matrix or need to be more agile.
The steps to more complex collaboration. Explore our learning paths and individual modules.
Click on any of the modules on the interactive graphic below to see a more detailed description of the content and download a copy of our bite sized learning brochure.
We have highlighted in pink the modules we think are most relevant to this topic but you may see other modules that are relevant to your specific situation. You can take the whole highlighted learning path or choose just the specific modules you need right now to build a unique learning path tailored to your needs.
Agile & Digital Modules
Matrix Management Modules
Virtual & Hybrid Working Modules
Hybrid Teams Training
This video gives an overview of our Remote & Virtual Teams training. Many of the themes here are relevant to hybrid teams
You can see our online learning courses for individuals here.
If you need to improve your Hybrid Teams skills
Get in touch
Speak to a specialist
Explore delivery options
Agree on your individual solution
Begin training partnership
Talk to a specialist about your challenges
Tell us about your challenges and our specialists will develop a solution specifically tailored to what you need right now.