Personal effectiveness and management skills specifically adapted to individuals and teams who work at last part of their time from home - usually delivered virtually
When we or our people are working from home we need new ways of working to reflect and benefit from this reality.
Working from home means;
- overcoming distance
- creating engaging online communication
- maintaining personal effectiveness
- managing boundaries and routines
- building a sense of community when we may not be able to meet
- structuring remote collaboration
- staying visible when working remotely
- overcoming potential social isolation
- finding the right balance of trust and control
Before COVID 19 approximately 5% of the workforce worked from home. Latest estimates are that around 30% will be working from home at least one day per week for the next couple of years. This is accelerating an existing trend for more flexible working and is likely to lead to a permanent increase in home working and mixed home and office working.
During the current crisis, many people found themselves suddenly working from home for an extended period, often with relatively little preparation. Here are some free short videos we produced to help.
Training to improve your working from home skills
Working from home will be a reality for many of us for the foreseeable future. In some cases this will only be for part of the week, in others full time.
We have produced some free short videos to support people new to working from home during the COVID 19 crisis.
We are working with clients with 4 key priorities right now in working from home, we are calling them NORM.
- New to working from home – large scale webinars to give people insights, tools and reassurance to make the at home working experience more positive, pleasant and productive
- Online meetings – training people to design and run much more interactive and participative online meetings and to deal with a sharp increase in the number of online meeting requests.
- Remote management training for managers managing people remotely
- Maintain community and cope with social isolation – support to people and teams working from home
The steps to more complex collaboration. Explore our learning paths and individual modules.
Click on any of the modules on the interactive graphic below to see a more detailed description of the content and download a copy of our bite sized learning brochure.
We have highlighted in pink the modules we think are most relevant to this topic but you may see other modules that are relevant to your specific situation. You can take the whole highlighted learning path or choose just the specific modules you need right now to build a unique learning path tailored to your needs.
Agile & Digital Modules
Matrix Management Modules
Virtual Teams Modules
Talk to a specialist about your challenges
Tell us about your challenges and our specialists will develop a solution specifically tailored to what you need right now.