Tony’s top ten for more relaxed travel
We asked our team for hints and tips for business travel, a necessity at some point for almost anyone who’s working in a global context.
Consultant Tony Poots came up with a great list of very personal tips for making the time ‘on board’ more pleasant, and we thought it merited a post of it’s own.
So here’s Tony’s ‘chill pill’ list:
1. Unless you badly need the toilet, have an emergency at home or a tight connection, try not to be one of those stressed individuals who jumps up when the plane lands and stands tutt-ing in the aisle, pushing and being pushed.
2. Read your book, smile at people, be the last off because you were enjoying your book so much.
3. If you get the screaming baby behind you, empathise with the parents (or the baby), stick in your fingers in your ears and go ‘ting-aling-a loo’. When you get off the plane, it will be over… for you at least.
4. Read other people’s emails, it’s fascinating.
5. Never refuse free chocolate.
6. Look at the clouds. Clouds are cool.
7. Let people out of their seat rather than making them stand with their neck bent and head pushed against the ceiling.
8. Dare the pilot to do a victory roll!
9. Thank the crew for looking after you, everyone is doing their best.
10. If the plane has to hold and is a little late, it is, what it is… better than sitting in a traffic jam for hours, going nowhere.
How do you de-stress inflight? Do you use the ‘disconnected’ time for some productive work? Or do you chat to fellow passengers (the topic of next week’s business travel blog).
Educate yourself further with a few more or our online insights:
25 years of experience learning with a range of world class clients
We work with a wide range of clients from global multinationals to recent start-ups. Our audiences span all levels, from CEOs to operational teams around the world. Our tools and programs have been developed for diverse and demanding audiences.
Tailored training or off the shelf modules for your people development needs
We are deep content experts in remote & virtual teams, matrix management and agile & digital leadership. We are highly flexible in how we deliver our content and ideas. We can tailor content closely to your specific needs or deliver off the shelf bite sized modules based on our existing IP and 25 years of training experience.
For more about how we deliver our keynotes, workshops, live web seminars and online learning.