Matrix Monday: The ‘teamwork’ edition
Last week we promised that for the next few weeks our ‘Matrix Monday’ posts (which look at some of the articles and literature related to the matrix) would be some of our own revisited.
This week, we’ve done exactly that, and I’ve picked out four articles discussing teams and teamwork for you to enjoy:
- On matrix teams: The first is a post which first appeared on Fresh Business Thinking.com in April 2013. In this article, How to build effective matrix teams, Kevan Hall points out that structure makes a blunt instrument when making business changes, too slow to maintain faced with the constant levels of flexibility that may be needed in future.
- Unnecessary teamwork: In this piece, Hall looks at the forms of organization that aren’t really teams, and suggests that teamwork isn’t always the answer: Could teamwork be destroying your company?
- Virtual teams: What Can We Learn From Virtual Teams About Connecting With Our Kids? The answer is, in a nutshell, lots! This Huffington Post piece covers communication styles in both virtual teams and parenting – and finds some common ground.
- Teamwork myths: Nicola O’Connell talks to management guru Kevan Hall about why teamwork isn’t the management ‘sacred cow’ that many organizations perceive it to be: The teamwork myth
- Find out more about working in virtual teams, global teams or matrix teams.
- See how to benchmark team performance
- Contact us to see how your team’s performance could be improved or to request our virtual teams white paper: there’s a handy form to the right of this page on most devices which means you can be in touch with us us whenever you like.
- Offer some feedback: I’d love to know if this way of rounding up articles for our ‘Matrix Monday’ posts works for you! (There’s a comments form below.)
Educate yourself further with a few more or our online insights:
25 years of experience learning with a range of world class clients
We work with a wide range of clients from global multinationals to recent start-ups. Our audiences span all levels, from CEOs to operational teams around the world. Our tools and programs have been developed for diverse and demanding audiences.
Tailored training or off the shelf modules for your people development needs
We are deep content experts in remote, virtual and hybrid working, matrix management and agile & digital leadership. We are highly flexible in how we deliver our content and ideas. We can tailor content closely to your specific needs or deliver off the shelf bite sized modules based on our existing IP and 25 years of training experience.
For more about how we deliver our keynotes, workshops, live web seminars and online learning.