Are you more or less connected to your colleagues working virtually?
We are hearing different messages from our participants about how much and well they are staying connected with their colleagues when working virtually
- some feel they are actually connecting more regularly with their colleagues who aren’t on the same site, as virtual meetings have created a levelling effect, meaning they are reaching out more equally to colleagues irrespective of distance
- some senior leaders tell us they feel as though they are being bypassed as people connect directly to the individuals they need to speak to rather than using the hierarchy to be connected
- most are experiencing a slow draining of social capital as relationship bonds become slightly weaker over time without the reinforcement of face-to-face contact. For most this isn’t a serious issue leading to active trust problems, but it is something they look forward to re-establishing when we can get back to face-to- face contact
- some feel they are less siloed, particularly in international organisations, where it’s easier to schedule a meeting with international colleagues virtually than it could ever be getting everyone together face to face. Although these teams had often worked remotely before COVID, they have also found virtual working for everyone to be a great leveller
- a few participants, however, feel that virtual working has made them much more focused on their immediate team, but less connected to the wider organisation. They feel that virtual working has made them more siloed in some ways
What is your view? Has working virtually made you more connected (with the exception possibly of emotional connection) or are you feeling more siloed?
Educate yourself further with a few more or our online insights:
25 years of experience learning with a range of world class clients
We work with a wide range of clients from global multinationals to recent start-ups. Our audiences span all levels, from CEOs to operational teams around the world. Our tools and programs have been developed for diverse and demanding audiences.
Tailored training or off the shelf modules for your people development needs
We are deep content experts in remote & virtual teams, matrix management and agile & digital leadership. We are highly flexible in how we deliver our content and ideas. We can tailor content closely to your specific needs or deliver off the shelf bite sized modules based on our existing IP and 25 years of training experience.
For more about how we deliver our keynotes, workshops, live web seminars and online learning.