What’s next in matrix management? Eight trends for the future
Some form of matrix organization has become the norm in large complex organizations. Companies rarely jump straight to their final form of matrix structure. Developing a matrix organization is a constant evolution to find the precise form of matrix that works for you.
This series of blog posts will identify eight key trends we see shaping the evolution of matrix organizations and matrix management in the next few years.
- Capability pools and activity streams.
- The role of specialists and generalists in the matrix organization.
- The open matrix – extending beyond the organization.
- Slicing and dicing.
- Paving the social paths.
- Less matrix structure more matrix management skills.
- Workflow and process in the matrix – centralize to decentralize.
- Horizontal silos in a matrix organization.
The common theme across these trends is the importance of developing matrix management and matrix working skills. Stay tuned to join the conversation!
Post script: Conclusions
- Find out more about matrix management
- Find out about matrix working skills
- Sign up for our RSS feed (above) to make sure you don’t miss any of the series
- What do you think are the trends for matrix management? Let us know in the comments box below.
Explore our training programs to see how we can help.Agile & Digital Training Matrix Management Training People and purpose Training Virtual Teams Training
Educate yourself further with a few more or our online insights:
25 years of experience learning with a range of world class clients
We work with a wide range of clients from global multinationals to recent start-ups. Our audiences span all levels, from CEOs to operational teams around the world. Our tools and programs have been developed for diverse and demanding audiences.
Tailored training or off the shelf modules for your people development needs
We are deep content experts in remote, virtual and hybrid working, matrix management and agile & digital leadership. We are highly flexible in how we deliver our content and ideas. We can tailor content closely to your specific needs or deliver off the shelf bite sized modules based on our existing IP and 25 years of training experience.
For more about how we deliver our keynotes, workshops, live web seminars and online learning.