Agile teams training - skills and tools for leading people and working in agile virtual and multiple agile teams
Agile teams bring new techniques and opportunities but require new ways of leading and collaborating to succeed.
Agile working is about principles before tools. We help you clarify what you want to achieve and build the best ways of working to achieve it.
We focus specifically on
- Skills for people running or working in multiple and virtual agile teams
- The role and skills of middle mangers leading multiple and virtual agile teams
Programs can be tailored to your specific focus but typical content includes
- Failing fast and managing risk – using iterative working and a Minimal Viable Product approach to accelerate learning and experimentation.
- Leading for Speed – lean and agile principles in action – cutting out unnecessary work to meet, decide and deliver faster.
- Autonomous teams and emergent leadership – building and supporting autonomous teams and enabling distributed leadership to emerge.
- Moving from hierarchy to networks and influence – developing the skills to build, improve and activate your network to get things done and influence without authority.
- Accelerating technology adoption – how to speed up the way different groups of people adopt new tools and adapt your way of working to the opportunities that technology brings.
Many organizations are adopting Agile team working principles and techniques to accelerate delivery and innovation.
This requires new ways of working – autonomous teams, non-hierarchical leadership, iterative working and changing the way we exercise control and manage risk.
Traditional Agile techniques such as collocated teams and 100% dedicated team members will need to evolve to fit a post-COVID world where face-to-face working opportunities may be limited for an extended period, and where people usually work on multiple teams. We need to adapt our agile working approach to these realities.
Agile techniques were originally designed for software development, they work well in projects but are often not adapted to the day to day running of other business areas. That is not to say that we cannot adopt agile principles to deliver great benefits in other business areas – they just need some adaptation
Training in leading and working in multiple and virtual agile teams
We develop and deliver fully bespoke face to face and virtual learning programs tailored to your people who need to improve the way they lead and collaborate in agile teams. Our modular content means we can tailor something quickly and inexpensively.
We have also packaged our most requested topic areas into ready to run 90-minute bite sized modules available face to face, via webinar or online learning.
Click on the highlighted modules of our agile teams learning path to see more on the content of each.
Some of our Remote & Virtual and Matrix Management modules may also be essential preconditions to your agile teams’ success. You can add them to the learning path if required and just choose the modules you need.
The steps to more complex collaboration. Explore our learning paths and individual modules.
Click on any of the modules on the interactive graphic below to see a more detailed description of the content and download a copy of our bite sized learning brochure.
We have highlighted in pink the modules we think are most relevant to this topic but you may see other modules that are relevant to your specific situation. You can take the whole highlighted learning path or choose just the specific modules you need right now to build a unique learning path tailored to your needs.
Agile & Digital Modules
Matrix Management Modules
Virtual Teams Modules
Agile Teams Training
This video gives an overview of our agile teams training – targeted specifically at people who work on or lead virtual agile teams or multiple agile teams at the same time.
Find out more from our agile and digital insights and free webinar Leading the change from virtual to matrix and digital teams
If you need to improve your agile team working
Get in touch
Speak to a specialist
Explore delivery options
Agree on your individual solution
Begin training partnership
Talk to a specialist about your challenges
Tell us about your challenges and our specialists will develop a solution specifically tailored to what you need right now.