Here are some of the challenges we have experienced in virtual team leadership since we developed the world’s first virtual teams training course in 1994, We have worked with over 300 major multinationals and trained over 100,000 people in these skills over the last 20 years:
- Exercising influence without authority without formal solid or dotted reporting lines to your team members
- Leading people from different cultures and time zones with different expectations about leadership and management
- Leading people who work on multiple teams and who may only spend a part of their time on your team
- Engaging and communicating with people through technology rather than face-to-face
- Working across functions, business units and geography in a complex organization such as a matrix
- Finding the right balance of trust and control with people who you don’ t meet often
- Managing competing goals and priorities and higher levels of conflict
- You may be running a team that extends outside your own company to work with customers (such as a global accounts team) or with suppliers and partners (such as external supply chain partners).
Because of the wide variety of virtual team leadership situations a “one size fits all“ virtual team program is unlikely to fit your specific blend of challenges and business issues, so our training programs are tailored to your specific needs.
We have existing intellectual property (IP) in all of these areas, and can quickly create a tailored training program based on your specific needs and challenges.
In addition to our bespoke programs we have packaged up our most popular virtual, matrix and agile/digital content into bite sized 90 minute modules available face to face or virtually. Get details on these modules and learning paths here