The ‘Tomorrow’s Leaders’ study, from Henley Management College, shows that managers skills are not keeping pace with the reality of flexible and remote working.
- 73% of managers say flexible working is common in their organization
- 37% now look after teams who are either entirely or predominantly based away from the office
- 44% of respondents say managers are unprepared for the supervision of remote teams
- only 25% had received any training on how to manage such a team
- 75% of managers believe remote workers are more productive
- 90% say they trust their remote employees (but a third also want to monitor their employees closely – just to make sure.)
Read more here
Find out more about our remote and virtual management training.